Tuesday, 27 September 2011

Magazine Covers


To the left is the final result for my first attempt at making a magazine cover. I had placed the text behind the models head, as well as the text in front of her legs and the barcode. I feel that this attempt turned out to look more like a gossip magazine rather than a film magazine which would link better to my coursework, yet I felt that this was the only thing possible to do with the images we were able to select from. Because of this, I had worked independently on a home computer to produce a new magazine cover which would resemble the magazine covers I had analysed beforehand. This image can be found below.

To the right is my second attempt at a film magazine cover. This time around I had stuck to the conventions of a film magazine and decided to promote a film which had been released in 2005. I had used the slogan from the film, and also used a bloody text effect to draw more attention to it and match the genre of the film. In addition to this, I had used an image from the internet of an actor, giving me a wider selection to find a good picture which would be suitable for a film magazine cover. 

No comments:

Post a Comment